Pages



Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Magenta Amor

Hola Chicas,

Here's another dress I made for my vacation.  It's McCall's 6556 - a Fashion Star pattern.  As soon as I saw this on the McCall's website I knew I had to have it.  Here I am sporting it in front of the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, Russia.
The back view:

This is a a little more close-up with the right sleeve more visible:


This came together really quickly.  The only issue was finding enough space to cut out the grande pattern pieces without stretching out my fabric.  The fabric is a wonderful magenta (although it looks wine colored in some of the photos) jersey which I purchased some time ago at Fabrix in San Francisco.  

Changes I made - The pattern instructions call for folding over the neckline (and all other edges) twice then topstitching.  I decided to add a neck binding, which worked out pretty well.



For the sleeve and dress hems, I folded some stretch tape into the seam to stabilize it, un poquito, and topstitched over that.  It worked out perfectly.  Although there's a lot of fabric to this dress, because it's made with a knit, it's great for traveling - no plancha necessary.  

It's almost time to move my summer wardrobe out of my closet and replace it with my cold weather clothes.  However, I think I may leave this in the closet.  I can imagine wearing it with boots, tights and a turtleneck underneath.  I may even try it belted.  It's so versatile!

Hasta pronto!

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished