Pages



Saturday, September 14, 2013

Labors of Love

Two weekends ago it was our 3-day Labor Day weekend which allowed me time to finish two outfits that were cut for my vacation wardrobe, but sadly didn't get completed in time.  I don't know about you, but just before a vacation I go into this obsessive sewing frenzy determined to make an entirely new wardrobe to wear on my travels (I'm going through something similar now in prepping for my eldest sister's upcoming wedding - ay, ay, ay). 

Completed not in time for my trip is Simplicity 1666 - a Lisette pattern.  What a great pattern!

Simplicity 1666



I've never had a pattern fit so well just out of the envelope like this one.  I made one fitting adjustment to the top by taking it in about a half inch at the neck and tapering back out to the original seam line mid-back.  However, I didn't make any fitting changes to the skirt.  It fits my curves perfectamente!!!!

The fabric is from Ikea and was purchased to coordinate with my vacation wardrobe's purple, black and white theme.  I think it may be a bit much to wear the top and skirt together, but I think they'll function well in my wardrobe as separates.  I think I may make this up again all in black with a leather peplum and leather panels in the skirt.  ¡Que rico!

The next finished piece is another Simplicity pattern, #7460 from 1967!  It's a sometime ago e-bay purchase.  Isn't it cute?






I made several adjustments to this pattern.  First, I rounded out the neckline, as I prefer this much more than a square neckline (although I may try that in future).  The back of this pattern was much too roomy, so I adjusted it to fit, taking it in up to an inch in some areas.  Even though I made the "mini-length" (view #2), I raised the hem by about 5".

Back adjustment in pencil on left

I'm looking forward to making more of these next spring but for now it's wedding weekend sewing...

¡Hasta pronto!

1 comment :

  1. I have this pattern and it is missing the instructions on how to sew it :( i am a complete novice when it comes to sewing which is a pity because this is a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished