Pages



Friday, September 2, 2016

La Loteria at Tea - Butterick 5603

Hola,

Today we had tea for lunch!  When we were on sabbatical in London the year before last, we just had "tea," but here it's what Professor R. and I (well me - he likes the rarebit) occasionally have for "lunch."  I ate almost all of those sandwiches and teacakes.  My stomach is still bursting!!




This is my Butterick Retro 5603 in Loteria fabric purchased online from Joanns.  Yes, this fabric has reproductions of the mexican card game, Loteria!!  As children my brother and I played this to learn spanish words.  If you're not familiar with it, it's a bit like BINGO, but instead of numbers, the caller calls out different spanish words that are pictured on individual cards, like playing cards.  If the caller calls off a picture that you have on your card, you can mark it.  Four in a row wins - oh, fun times with raw pinto beans!

I've topped it off with my black and white fascinator from Sara Tiara which I purchased at the Portobello Road Market in London.



If you're looking for an easy to sew 1950's pattern, this is your little amiga.  You sew some long straight seams, create gathers around the bust, sew on some contrasting or self fabric for trim, insert a zipper and you're good to go.  I think I made this in a few hours over several days.  How long it sat around waiting to get hemmed is another story, though... ahem.


The back flows into a gentle V and the zipper is inserted on the side.

This weekend is a nice long three day weekend, so I hope to finish my final summer sewing projects for 2016.  The sewing queue for fall is growing!

Hasta pronto!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished