Pages



Friday, September 9, 2016

Finally, a lemon dress! - Butterick 6582

I had thought the title of this post would be, "Chica in yellow meets Lady in Gold," as Prof. R. and I recently went to see the famous Klimt painting, "Lady in Gold," or "Portrait of Adele Block-Bauer I," at the Neue Galerie.  However, they didn't allow pictures.  Then we went mattress shopping, and as nice as the sales people were in Sleepy's on 6th Ave., it just wasn't picturesque enough in there for photos.

In the end, we settled for our backyard, AKA Soho.  Despite all of that, it's finally here!  I now have a lemon dress:



 This is Butterick 6582, my second version of this dress but my first of version C (first here).  The fabulous lemon fabric was purchased at Joanns on a recent business trip, breaking my New Year's Resolution of not buying any new fabric; but I just couldn't help it.  Really!  Ever since I saw the Kate Spade lemon dress back in 2014, I knew I had to have one.  However, you'd be surprised at how hard it is to find lemon print fabric.  When I spied this fabric, I had to make my dream of a lemon dress a reality.

Fun in the wind

Since this was my second version of this dress, it came together fairly quickly.  Because the fabric wasn't wide enough for the skirt pattern, I did have to add a wedge of fabric to the sides but it's such a busy print, I don't think it's noticeable, unless you hold the skirt out while someone takes a picture of it.




I purchased the belt buckle in a booth at a vintage mall with several other really cute cards of vintage buttons and pins.  I hope to incorporate these into some future makes.

We're still experiencing warm temperatures here in NYC, which is great since I have two things left in my summer queue before I begin my fall sewing.  I've been working to eliminate the stash, and have been on a cotton dress sewing binge, lately.

Hasta pronto!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished