Pages



Friday, May 15, 2015

Me Made May- Something Old- Vogue 2011

Hola,

I've been participating in MM15 but just posted my first pictures to the Flickr group.  Oh well, the month is only about half over.  Today's theme is, "Something Old," and I'm always one for a theme!

Here you have today's outfit, Vogue 2011, OOP (Out of Print) Calvin Klein:


Front View

Party in the back, view!

Although this is definitely Something Old, as it was made for our trip to Peru in 2008, I still really love it!  It travels so well!  The t-shirt is made from some comfy stretch knit that's super soft, while the skirt is made from a type of nylon material that doesn't wrinkle very much and dries super quickly.  That was especially useful when I had to wash it by hand in a hotel sink.  Both fabrics were purchased at Fabrix and the outfit was sewn when I was still living in SF.  

I can wear this entire outfit with sandals or flats (as you see here), but on trips I've changed into higher heeled shoes and statement jewelry for a dressier look.  Other times, I've worn the skirt with boots and tights, and the t-shirt has accompanied me many times under a heavy sweater or jacket in chilly temps.

This pattern is a classic with just a bit of edge.



Both t-shirts, view A and B are timeless as are the skirts.  Even though the view I made, view D, is asymmetrical, one could always straighten the hem to achieve something symmetrical.  View C, the long skirt on the right hand side is a wrap skirt with a buckle as opposed to a tie.  I think this would look cute as a summer skirt in linen.  I'm seriously contemplating this make for the coming warm weather.

Hasta pronto!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished